4 CYCLOM-16Y/DB25 card in a system, possible?

Post by D.J. Greg » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>I plan to hook 4 of this cards into my Linux Pentium machine.
>Can anyone conform if this is feasible?

        Yes it is.  When you are configuring the machine, make sure to
leave interrupts 9-12 open for the -16Y cards.

        You might want to ask Cyclades about the Cyclom-32Y series.  I
have seen notes in the kernel about this card, but I am unsure if it has
been released yet.  Using two -32Y's for 64 ports will save you two
expansion slots and two interrupts for other things, which may turn out
to be a very good thing!

        --D.J.

--

  I specialize in Internet connectivity for small and medium-sized businesses
  Cyclades Multiport Serial Cards  -  http://www.coil.com/~dgregor/cyclades/

1. Problem with Cyclom-Yep/DB25

We have recently bought two identical Cyclades mulitport serial cards.
I have them installed in two identical machines.  It all seems to work
up until I try and read or write to the serial ports at which point
nothing happens.  I've tried both the driver that comes with the 2.0.35

but have not yet received a reply.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | The earth is our mother
http://www.oit.net/~cjp/  | She taught us to embrace the light,

2. trying to send system mail to the bit bucket

3. Basics DB25 or Hd50 SCSI Card?

4. DC4030 Blues

5. Help! System hangs with Cyclades CYCLOM 8YO.

6. Tunneling...

7. Cyclom Y0 intelligent RISC serial card driver for LINUX

8. HELP: DOS Partition Table

9. Cyclom-Ye/PCI multi-serial card problems

10. matherboard SOYO 5TX2/X5 with 2 intel 166 proceccors & multiport card Cyclades Cyclom 8Yep

11. Cyclom multiport card problem

12. Terminal Servers vs. Cyclades 16Y

13. Problem with Cyclades-16Y