SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable HELP!!!

SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable HELP!!!

Post by Ariel Sandber » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello

I'm having problems getting my local NIC on my dual homed box to see
anything on its network.
I'm Running RedHat 6.1, doing IP masquerading(not very well at this point).
When my comp boots it gives [OK] when Bringing up eth0 adn eth1.  But I
still cant ping my win98 box on my local network or anything else for that
matter.

So I bring eth1 (local NIC)up and down again :

SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

I did a search on redhats site for "SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable"
the best answer i got was that  either I'm passing the wrong values to the
card (IP, NETMASK, BROADCAST), or I have some strange settings on the EPROM
of my Card.

So I took a look at my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BROADCAST=192.168.xx.255
IPADDR=192.168.xx.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
BROADCAST=192.168.xx.255
NETWORK=192.168.xx.0
ONBOOT=yes

Looks good to me what do you think????  Am I missing something??  Have I
gone stupid??

So i figure Its ok So I think it must be the Card, I have a 3c509 so I boot
up in DOS mess around with the BIOS Settings. reboot , and still have the
same problems.

So I've got a extra tulip PCI card. I use that instead.(making sure to
change the alias of the module) Still have the same problem...

Has Anybody seen this  before?

TIA
-ariel

Post by patrick.them.. » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hello

> I'm having problems getting my local NIC on my dual homed box to see
> anything on its network.
> I'm Running RedHat 6.1, doing IP masquerading(not very well at this
point).
> When my comp boots it gives [OK] when Bringing up eth0 adn eth1.  But
> still cant ping my win98 box on my local network or anything else for
that
> matter.

> So I bring eth1 (local NIC)up and down again :

> SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

> I did a search on redhats site for "SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable"
> the best answer i got was that  either I'm passing the wrong values to
the
> card (IP, NETMASK, BROADCAST), or I have some strange settings on the
EPROM
> of my Card.

> So I took a look at my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
> DEVICE=eth1
> BROADCAST=192.168.xx.255
> IPADDR=192.168.xx.1
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> BROADCAST=192.168.xx.255
> NETWORK=192.168.xx.0
> ONBOOT=yes

> Looks good to me what do you think????  Am I missing something??  Have
> gone stupid??

> So i figure Its ok So I think it must be the Card, I have a 3c509 so I
boot
> up in DOS mess around with the BIOS Settings. reboot , and still have
the
> same problems.

> So I've got a extra tulip PCI card. I use that instead.(making sure to
> change the alias of the module) Still have the same problem...

> Has Anybody seen this  before?

> TIA
> -ariel

what does  'dmesg|grep eth' tell you?
and what is the output from 'ifconfig'?

--
'...' said the joker to the thief
'there's too much confusion, i cant get no relief...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable HELP!!!

Post by Lim » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hey, I had the same problem a few days ago. I have a SiS 900 PCI
Ethernet card. After a lot of tries to fix that, I found the problem
was IRQ conflict. My ethernet card was conflicting with the Sound.
Try to see at /proc/ioports (is that right? please, correct me, I'm
not using linux right now) and see if your card is conflicting with
some device.
Hope that helps.

Quote:>Hello

>I'm having problems getting my local NIC on my dual homed box to see
>anything on its network.
>I'm Running RedHat 6.1, doing IP masquerading(not very well at this point).
>When my comp boots it gives [OK] when Bringing up eth0 adn eth1.  But I
>still cant ping my win98 box on my local network or anything else for that
>matter.

( removed )

1. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable (Please help) (solved)

his rc.net file. I noticed that there was no route command for the local
IP address in that. So I commented it out and and the message
disappeared. Even with this message it can work. My real problem was an
faulty I/O slot.

+------------------------------------+----------------------------------------+

|  Computer Science Program          |                                        |
|  Asian Institute of Technology     |    Phone: +66 2 524 5717               |
|  GPO Box 2754, Bangkok 10501       |    Fax  : +66 2 524 5721               |
|  Thailand.                         |                                        |
|                                    |                                        |
+------------------------------------+----------------------------------------+

2. Reg gprof command -c option??

3. Please help. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

4. HELP: rtin configuration

5. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

6. lynx2.3+term cannot access gopher

7. GUS+SB16 under FreeBSD

8. SIOCADDRT: Network Unreachable

9. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable?

10. SIOCADDRT network unreachable!

11. SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable ????

12. Slackware install successfull, but get SIOCADDRT Network Unreachable error