What Linux distibutions have SNMP agents and daemons bundled?

What Linux distibutions have SNMP agents and daemons bundled?

Post by Christopher Smi » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

My company has been asked to monitor and perform remote LAN administration
on many Linux boxes.
Because of this, I have several questions that someone may be able to
answer.

Q1.) Does anyone know what distributions of Linux have SNMP agents and
daemons bundled with them?

Q2.) Is anyone monitoring these systems?

Q3.) What monitoring tools are you using?

Thanks,
Christopher Smiga
ICQ UIN: 5035779

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

What Linux distibutions have SNMP agents and daemons bundled?

Post by Lewis Fot » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

RedHat 5.2 ships with an snmp daemon called (not surprisingly) snmpd and a
simple snmp retriever called snmpget.

>My company has been asked to monitor and perform remote LAN administration
>on many Linux boxes.

<snip>

Quote:>Q1.) Does anyone know what distributions of Linux have SNMP agents and
>daemons bundled with them?

<snip>

1. What Linux distributions bundle SNMP agents and daemons?

My company has been asked to monitor and perform remote LAN administration
on many Linux boxes.
Because of this, I have several questions that someone may be able to
answer.

Q1.) Does anyone know what distributions of Linux have SNMP agents and
daemons bundled with them?

Q2.) Is anyone monitoring these systems?

Q3.) What monitoring tools are you using?

Thanks,
Christopher Smiga
ICQ UIN: 5035779

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

2. new ka9q ready

3. REQ: SNMP agent/daemon

4. Connecting to a Win98 Machine for Internet Access over LAN

5. How can I set my SNMP agent as a sub-agent in AIX?

6. install gone wrong?!?!

7. How can I set my SNMP agent as a sub-agent in Unix (AIX)?

8. netscape 7 for solaris x86

9. snmp agent using ucd-snmp-3.5.2

10. SNMP daemon not active on port 161 (or anywhere); daemon loaded.

11. SNMP (Agent) for Linux

12. Is there an SNMP manager/agent for Linux?

13. Third release of cmu's snmp agent and applications for Linux