Terminal emulator for Linux

Post by Josh Gentr » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Folks,

when I configure a router from console, I usually plug into
the console port with a PC running windows and use
Hyperterminal.  What is a good alternative terminal emulator
I can use with a Linux box.

Josh

(other email address is spam shielded)

Terminal emulator for Linux

Post by Joe Manojlovic » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Try minicom. It should be standard on any Linux distribution.

Joe Manojlovich

> Folks,

> when I configure a router from console, I usually plug into
> the console port with a PC running windows and use
> Hyperterminal.  What is a good alternative terminal emulator
> I can use with a Linux box.

> Josh

> (other email address is spam shielded)

*

Terminal emulator for Linux

Post by David Efflan » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>when I configure a router from console, I usually plug into
>the console port with a PC running windows and use
>Hyperterminal.  What is a good alternative terminal emulator
>I can use with a Linux box.

If the router is connected to your network, can't you simply telnet into
it?  However, it may not recognize a TERM type of 'linux', so you might
want to use xterm or export TERM=vt100 before connecting.

--

http://www.de-srv.com/   http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. Terminal emulator in Linux

Hi All,

I am looking for a good terminal emulator in linux. I was using term95
as a terminal emulator to config my routers and DSL Modems but now ,
most of my machines are runnign linux and I need a good and simple
terminal emulater in linux to get access to other network equipments
via serial port.

Please let me know if you help me finding a good one.

Best wishes

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Possible Bug in aic7xxx driver / Ultra2Disk ?

3. Terminal Emulators for Linux?

4. setting su $PATH

5. decent vt220 terminal emulator for Linux needed

6. kswapd

7. Looking for a GUI terminal emulator for Linux

8. Linux driver for 3c574 10/100 card

9. Wyse 50 Terminal Emulator for Linux?

10. ISO: VT320 terminal emulator for Linux

11. HP terminal emulator for Linux?

12. Terminal Emulator For Linux

13. Terminal Emulator on Linux