VPN works through wired ports, but with wireless VPN connection not working

VPN works through wired ports, but with wireless VPN connection not working

Post by santa19992.. » Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:39:49

VPN works through wired ethernet ports, but with wireless connection
VPN not working, why?. If I connect my laptop with ethernet cable to
Router, VPN works, if I use wireless connection, then not?. I reset
many times and same thing, I have cable modem on the backend?. Any
idea?. Thanks.

VPN works through wired ports, but with wireless VPN connection not working

Post by David Efflan » Sat, 26 Feb 2005 04:18:36

Quote:> VPN works through wired ethernet ports, but with wireless connection
> VPN not working, why?. If I connect my laptop with ethernet cable to
> Router, VPN works, if I use wireless connection, then not?. I reset
> many times and same thing, I have cable modem on the backend?. Any
> idea?. Thanks.

My AP supposedly has trouble doing VPN over WEP.  Actually it initially
had trouble just doing WEP unless forced back to 2 mbps, until I got a
firmware upgrade.

To see if others with your mfr/model router have that problem, check the
hardware forum for your router brand at http://www.broadbandreports.com/
alias http://www.dslreports.com/

VPN works through wired ports, but with wireless VPN connection not working

Post by Mark » Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:55:03

IIRC some of the original intel integrated wireless chipsets couldn't not
handle IPSEC and Wireless at the same time.

Quote:> VPN works through wired ethernet ports, but with wireless connection
> VPN not working, why?. If I connect my laptop with ethernet cable to
> Router, VPN works, if I use wireless connection, then not?. I reset
> many times and same thing, I have cable modem on the backend?. Any
> idea?. Thanks.

1. VPN connection won't work: it connects, but it is not used

I want to use VPN Connections, but this doesn't work.
I tested KVpnc, and it could connect, and I see a symbol in the task
from the connection, but it is not used by Iceweasel or Opera.

Then I made this file at /etc/ppp/peers/swiss:
emotename swiss
linkname swiss
ipparam swiss
pty "pptp --loglevel 1 connect.swissvpn.net --nolaunchppp$
# domain and username, used to select lines in secrets fi$
name swissvpntest
# **dns von swiss**
usepeerdns
# **oder eigender dns**
#ms-dns 10.21.5.1
# use MPPE encryption
require-mppe
nomppe-stateful
# require the use of MPPE, with 128-bit encryption
require-mppe-128
# we do not require the peer to authenticate itself
noauth
# we want to see what happen
nodetach
# lock the device
lock
# Use BSD compression
bsdcomp 9,15
# Use deflate method
deflate 9,15
# userdefined MTU
mtu 1300
# **gateway von swiss nutzen?**
defaultroute

and my /etc/ppp/chap-secrets looks like this:
  Secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client        server  secret                  IP addres$
swissvpntest swiss swissvpntest  *

(You may test it with this data, it is only a public test account from
SwissVPN.net)

If I start it now with
pppd defaultroute call swiss

Again I see a connection at the task, but I does not work :(!

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks :)!

I am using Sidux 64 Bit with KDE 3.5.8.

Greetings

2. Replace hdisk in a RAID 1/0, HACMP env

3. Wireless to wired bridge: apparently not going to work?

4. Streams functions getmsg/putmsg

5. Help Setting up a VPN Connection to Work

6. Problem with Toshiba Tecra 500cdt laptop

7. PPTP VPN on Linux 2.0.36 not working

8. Does anyone sell Linux boxes?

9. VPN client not working on completely open fireward

10. bind view not working over vpn

11. VPN Masq Not Working

12. VPN client through Redhat 7.3 IPtables not working

13. VPN-1 NAT not working inside firewall