Connecting WIN95 to LINUX via PPP

Post by George Quinon » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am having a problem trying to connect a WIN95 client using dial up connetion
to my linux machine running PPP

If I enable a terminal after dialing I can connect manually

But if I try it with the term terminal nothing

I tried using the dial up script lang.  But nothing

Any Ideas.

G. Quinones

1. connect win95 to linux via PPP

Hi,

I like to connect a win95 box to redhat6.0 via PPP
the linux box is part of our NT / WIN network and should be used as router
for the offices remote.
what I want is to dial in wih the win95 box on the linux-box and browse the
network like I am directly connected via the LAN
but until now no success.

Is there anybody who can point me some examples on how to do this.

I have been reading the PPP-HOWTO, MODEM-HOWTO, the man pages and info.
But so far I still can't get it to work.

This morning I've started with mgetty.
I can call in now, get the normal linux login screen, can login via de
terminal window, but after that I am in the linux-box but not on the network

ps. (I "can't" use LRP for this as I like to run a lot more on the
linux-box)
73 dennis

2. NIS+ How do I limit logins to certain classes of users? netgroup?

3. connecting a remote win95 to my linux server via PPP ?

4. kernel update

5. Connect Linux and Win95 via PPP direct

6. DLC patch for Cyrix chips

7. problems connecting win95 via PPP

8. IP Masquerading -- NAT for cable modem

9. Connecting to SCO PPP via WIN95

10. PPP difficulties with win95 dialing to linux via ppp.

11. Cannot connect Win95 with Linux via ISDN

12. Connecting a WIN95 & Linux Box via Direct Cable Connection

13. Connecting Win95 to Linux server via null modem