StorageTek tape carousel (aka Imation itl2225) and BRU 2000 backup?

StorageTek tape carousel (aka Imation itl2225) and BRU 2000 backup?

Post by Dan Yocu » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

I've got a StorageTek 9704 25 tape carousel (also known as the Imation
ITL2225) and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience using EST's BRU
2000 with this to backup a medium sized (25-75 nodes) network.

I'm trying to do this without using the StorageTek's RS232 port to control the
carousel.  Anybody have any ideas?  Drop me a line directly if you could.

Thanks, in advance.

Dan

Dan Yocum                              | Phone:  (630) 252-6102
Scientific Associate-Data Acquisition  | Fax:    (630) 252-4163

Argonne National Laboratory            | WWW:    hydra.pns.anl.gov/yocum/
9700 South Cass Avenue                 |          yocum2.html
Argonne, IL  60439                     |

_______________________________________|________________________________

1. Free BRU 2000 Backup and Restore Utility to GLUE user groups

2. Ls120

3. BRU tape backup errors

4. Western Digital 90C33

5. tm and a JetStore 2000 tape backup

6. Want manpage to stay after I exit it

7. Sony SDT-2000 Can't mount KDE's tape backup.

8. NIS/NFS/automount question

9. BRU 2000 with RH 5.1 doesn't work.

10. BRU 2000 and RH 5.1 works now!

11. Carousel 8mm Tape Drive:Recommendations ?

12. Carousel Not Autoloading/Switching Tapes

13. DEC 2000 aka Jensen