1. RedHat 5.2 Install Hangs Randomly
I'm trying to install RedHat 5.2 on a GW2K 266MHZ P-II, 128MB RAM, one
IDE, one SCSI disk,
Adaptec 2940 controller and SCSI CD-ROM.
Specifically, I want to install on the 9GB SCSI disk (Win 95 is already
on the IDE disk), and
I've installed System Commander.
RedHat install boots from the CD-ROM, finds all the devices, and lets me
disk and select packages to install. It then starts installing
packages. So far, so good.
However--and I have tried this half a dozen times--the system locks up
at a random
point in the install and never finishes. Sometimes it's only after a
couple of minutes,
other times, its after 15 minutes. The lockup is never at the same
place, and I've
tried two different RedHat CD's. (When I say "never finishes" I mean
that I have left it
sit as long as overnight.)
Since the load never finishes, I don't have a bootable system
afterwards, and no
access to what might have been written to the install logfile.
Presumably, this is a hardware problem, but I have no way of pinpointing
Is there a way to boot to single-user from the CD-ROM and get a shell to
incomplete filesystems, so I can look for the install log?
Tim Evans | E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
(302) 695-9353/8638 (FAX) | P.O. Box 80357
2. modifying a binary's runtime library search path
3. RedHat 5.2 install hangs on low memory (8MB) PC
4. SUSE 6.0 English
5. RedHat 5.2 Install Hangs on "idle task may not sleep"
6. A newsgroup for kde ?
7. Installing RedHat 6.0 over Redhat 5.2
8. Samba and X conflicting
9. PLEASE HELP: PING, DNS AND NSLOOKUP - NSLOOKUP GOOD PING BAD
10. Installing non-builtin ethernet driver for use with ftp install of redhat 5.2
11. dns config on redhat 5.2
12. DNS Server and PPP for Redhat 5.2
13. DNS problem with Redhat 5.2