red hat linux 5.1 firewall problem

Post by wai tsan » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

wonder if you can shed light on this thing that has baffled me for a week or
so now

on setting up a firewall
I have a linux boc with 2 nics
both are 3c905s

one has address 59.101.27.12
the other 32.130.204.234

now I have plugged them into a hub separating 2 networks

on the 32.*.* side i can ping everything on the 59.*.* side
but on the 59.*.* side all I can ping is 32.130.204.234

I can ping both sides of the network on the firewall box itself

ip forwarding is enabled

what am I doing wrong?

1. Red Hat 5.0 vs. Red Hat 5.1

Hello everybody - what a beautiful day it is! Let's not get to funked
up, and get yourself a nice little pink flower to put in a orange vase.
Then grab yourself a slice and sit down and enjoy yourself. It can be
done in lot's of different ways -- just go ahead and do it under the
green sun.

Well... Nevermind.

I'm planning to buy Red Hat 5.1 official to replace my Red Hat 5.0 with.
But before I do that I wonder if there are any disadvantages, hazards or
such with RH 5.1, compared to RH 5.0. Is the installation as safe (don't
forget LILO), and things such as X, sound-support, printers and ppp -
are they still well supported, and not buggy or so?

Thanks in advance,

/Henrik

By the way, don't let the opening of this letter make you think that I'm
not serious enough.

2. dip -t giving "Unknown Server Error" message ,, Why? .. How to Fix? .... needed

3. Help! : Network problems with Red Hat Linux 5.1

4. "SCO" unix stand for?

5. Problems by installing of linux Red Hat 5.1

6. Help : Printer SetUp

7. Q: Red Hat 5.1 Linux - 'C' math problem

8. Networking is very funny in 2.5.46

9. Red Hot Red Hat 5.1 Bundles

10. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

11. Problems with Red Hat 5.1 and AMDK6

12. Help! ftp problem with Red hat 5.1

13. Red Hat 5.1, diald/ppp problem? (long)