logging ipchains kernel messages

Post by John » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Is there a possibility to log only ipchains messages to a file.
I have tried all the prioritys which are describe in the "man syslog.conf"
with no success.

thanX
John

for all cable modem users try
http://www.cablemodeminfo.com/LinuxCableModem.html

1. Kernel messages in /var/log/messages

Hi,

I just took a look in my /var/log/messages and noticed that about a
month ago the 'kernel' messages from the boot stiopped appearing.

All the 'other' messages are there fine. It's just the ones from the
boot-up that are missing.

Any ideas what I might have (accidentally) changed to cause this.

No, I didn't change my /etc/syslong.conf. It's identical to the one on
another machine where I'm still getting all the kernel messages
correctly. Plus the same daemons are running using all the same
parameters.

Ideas ??

-Cheers,

Eddie

Remove ONYERBIKE to e-mail me.

2. udp_ttl improves bind,but any other to tune?

3. Trident 9680 graphics card won't use XAA in Red Hat 6.1

4. Weird Kernel Messages in /var/log/messages

5. xdpyinfo compiled

6. kernel message in /var/log/messages

7. Intel EtherExPro-10 Drivers

8. sluggish: kernel eth0 message in /var/log/messages

9. Strange kernel log message: kernel: set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 55 to 6

10. ipchains log messages, where do they go?

11. Confusing ipchains log message

12. ipchains firewall and message log file...