1. RedHat 9.0 - Making 'route' changes permanent
I am running RH9.0 and am trying to find a way to:
1. Undo earlier changes to the routing table such that they survive
reboots (i.e. I added some entries I now wish to delete, but they keep
coming back no matter what I change)
2. Makes permanent changes to the routing table (using 'route') so
that they survive reboots - because I have found a working
configuration I want to make permanent
I've seen much discussion on this, involving for example, changing the
'static-routes' file, but this file doesn't exist on RH9.0! The file
/proc/net/route seems to contain information I might want to change,
but it refuses to allow changes, even as 'root'.
I'm confused; any help appreciated. It seems that the nature of this
problem changes from version to version. Many HOWTOS etc. list
commands that don't work and talk about files that don't exist...
2. Compile Kernel Error on RH6.0
3. Making routing entry uner windows 98 permanent
4. Can't see over 16M on Compaq
5. making a route permanent (not default)
6. Why are SHM_W, etc. defined in #ifdef KERNEL block?
7. Are changes made with "route" and "ifconfig" permanent?
8. SCSI controller recommendations...?
9. Can iproute2 delete rule by prio number?
10. Question on iproute2 - deleting rule
11. How to get firewall rules permanent?
12. routing mulitple providers, routes, rules, and masq
13. making device permissions permanent?