Use ssh instead of telnet. It is an improvement in nearly everyQuote:> I recently upgraded from RH 6.2 to 7.1 and now I can't connect to my
> box over telnet. Any sugestions?
If you absolutely must use telnet, look at the xinetd configuration
files and make sure telnet isn't disabled.
"I woke up this morning and realized what the game needed: pirates,
pimps, and gay furries." - Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka
Im a newbie to Linux so plese bear with me.
I want to be able to telnet to my machine as root but I am not allowed to
that remotely. How can I change this setting?
How can I change the privileges of users? For instance, I want to be able
to log in as myself and be able to have some of the root privileges.
If this is on a FAQ please point me to it.
4. emergent help wanted: cdrom drive
5. telnet access records in secure log
6. DIP, Caldera, PPP and example scripts
7. Sending E-mail on telnet access
8. Modem Issue
10. limiting the ftp and telnet access.
11. ISPs with MySQL and telnet access...
12. Anonymous ftp/telnet access.
13. Telnet Access