FA311 card: Not Found Help Please

Post by Ronald Guilmett » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:57:52

I have just installed Mandrake 7.2 and cant compile the drivers for my nic.
How do I get the system to recognize the card?  I have a home built system,

900mhz Athlon
Asus K7V MotherB.
256M RAM
Viper II 32mb Video
Netgear FA311 Nic  W/ Roadrunner Internet
Iomega Zip 100
HP 9100 Rewritable cd
SB 128 PCI sound
HP 932c printer on USB
There are no isa slots on this MB

Also USB support is enabled, but is not listed under available ports for
printer configuration.  I will move the printer to lpt1 if I have to.

Ronald Guilmette

FA311 card: Not Found Help Please

Post by bubb » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 08:56:03

I had the same problem with both redhat and mandrake ( makes sence though ).
I got a great deal on a 5 pack of FA311 because it says LINUX COMPATABLE.  I
spent hours on tech support with them.  Solution....  I put the FA311s in
win boxes and bought 3com905s they drop right in...  The intel 10/100 pros
do as well.

Good Luck with it

Post by aflinsc » Sun, 22 Jul 2001 00:01:15

> I have just installed Mandrake 7.2 and cant compile the drivers for my nic.
> How do I get the system to recognize the card?  I have a home built system,

The drivers supplied were for a 2.0.?? kernel, Mandrake 7.2 is using a
2.2 kernel.
Go to netgear's website and snag the latest version of the drivers
(IIRC they were listed as being for RH 6.2). Unpack the zip file,
rename files to lowercase (they came out as mixed case), edit the
makefile if needed to match the correct file names, then make & copy
the drivers to your module libs.

1. Netgear FA311 ethernet card Not working

I also got a FA311. There is a new driver at
http://www.netgear-support.com/ts/drivers.html (just enter fa311 ...)
that compiles fine (you probably should remove the fa311.o first, and
rename all the filenames to lowercase).
But I got a strange problem with it. It all works fine in text mode, but
as soon as I do a startx or init 3 it stops working till I reboot the
machine. btw. I'm using SuSE Linux.
I just wonder has anyone a FA311 that works under Linux?

Clemens

2. Linux PCI ethernet card

3. shell script: how to get *directory* of currently script?

4. help: not detecting network card, can't find 3c509b at boot time (not P&P )

5. Problem with SRM Alphapc64

6. Please HELP: Netgear FA311 troubles

7. tar archive trouble --> Thanks!

8. error by doing a cron job...command not found...please help!!!

9. mail not found help please.

10. Please help find a program to print on remote printer (not using /etc/printcap)

11. Operating System Not Found - Please Help

12. Stupid question, but please help: cgi "requested URL not found"