I've installed the diald rpm (diald 0.16) and it detects internet bound
packets and inits the modem. And that's where my problems start.
diald doesn't seems to init the modem properly. Where I am we still old
analgue exchanges, so modem don't detect dialtone and fail with a "NO
I put an &X3 (later took that down to a &X1) in the init string in the
connect script, but it didn't work.
I'm sure the modem does respond correctly to the X3 because that's what
I use when I dial out with minicom.
So it seems as tho' diald is either not reading from the file given as
the arg to connect, or is simply ignoring the init string.
please send e-mail if possible, but I'll check the ng as well.
Marc Nevin Daya
"REALITY.SYS corrupted - UNIVERSE halted"
116 Broad Rd MediCentre
Ph : +27 21 761 1000
Fax : +27 21 761 1001