linux versus windows 2000

Post by casa » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:39:37

Hey all,

i got a big problem.

i got cable modem (chello) at home, and under linux my internet connect
works fine.
i nicely get an ip lease (dhcp). but when booting to w2k i dont get
anything.
now someone told me i need to release the ip adres under linux.
i tried pump -r and dhcpcd -k but neither work,
anyone have any other ideas?

linux versus windows 2000

Post by Karl Heye » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:37:10

> Hey all,

> i got a big problem.

> i got cable modem (chello) at home, and under linux my internet connect works
> fine. i nicely get an ip lease (dhcp). but when booting to w2k i dont get
> anything. now someone told me i need to release the ip adres under linux. i
> tried pump -r and dhcpcd -k but neither work, anyone have any other ideas?

DHCP gives you a lease for a certain amount of time. which the client renews
so that it keeps the IP.    Does w2k get the lease when it is started first.

karl.