Linux & WINS

Post by Rob » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Running RedHat 6.1. We need it to get its info from a Windows NT WINS
server. How do I do that?

Linux & WINS

Post by patrick.them.. » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Running RedHat 6.1. We need it to get its info from a Windows NT WINS
> server. How do I do that?

> --

afaik you only need it for samba,
and you have the option to add the wins server there.

--
'...' said the joker to the thief
'there's too much confusion, i cant get no relief...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Network Setup - Linux & Win 95

Hi,

I am setting up my Linux machine to be a test web server where I can
develop web applications on it (using Perl, PHP and MySql). I don't want
to connect this machine to the Internet but merely connect to it from my
Windows 95 machine and use Netscape to browse and the FTP all the files
as required. I have a laplink cable between the two machines which I can
use to transfer files from the W95 machine to a DOS partition on the
Linux machine.

So my question is ;

Using the setup and equipment that I currently have it is possible to do
what I want to do ? If so, what is required ?
If not, what do I need ?

Many thanks,

Andrew

2. IDE CD-Rom doesn't like SCSI emulation with CDRW

3. Linux & Win NT

4. February 13, 2003

5. Linux & WIN 95

6. Suexec and php

7. cable modem and dhcp in linux & win

8. Switch / Ethernet.. LAN redundacy configuration

9. Dual-boot problem(Linux &Win 95 FAT32)

10. Linux & Win share mail files on dual boot pc

11. Linux & Win XP or 2000 coexist

12. Newbie wants to Networ k Linux & win 98

13. Getting Linux & Win to behave