Linux router on Am29200-16 AMD chip

Post by Mitton Pienaa » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi. I have a managable bridge. D-Link Local Bridge DI 1100i. It has an
Am29200-16 Release Version AMD processor, and some flashable chips. The
board has it's own RAM on it. In the operating system there are SNMP
facilities and stuff. It looks powerfull enough I think to run some scaled
down version of Linux. I want to set that up.

Thanks in advance.
Ton

1. Linux and SoundBlaster 16 ASP/SCSI w/Adaptec 6360 Protocol Chip

I'm trying to install Linux with a CD-ROM hooked to an Adaptec 6360
Protocol Chip on a SoundBlaster 16 ASP card.  DOS sees everything OK, but
when I boot Linux, I get a error that says "scsi: 0 hosts".

My book, Linux Unleashed, references the error (page 822), and says that
the "autoprobe routines on the controller card rely on the system BIOS
autoprobe and can't boot properly."  It also kindly notes that my protocol
chip is one that exhibits this nasty behavior.  What it doesn't do is
suggest how I might get around it.

Has anyone seen this or a similar problem and have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks -

Waz

2. HELP :Using PXE

3. Creative Vibra 16 Sound chip setup

4. need hardware roughly equivalent to dual-cpu Pentium III 800 MHz

5. Intel EtherExpress 16 (82586 chip) for Debian?

6. KickStart difficulty

7. Intel EtherExpress 16 (82586 chip)

8. Per te!

9. Trouble with Vibra16X Chip (SB 16 PNP)

10. ESS 688 16-bit audio chip in notebook, howto use?

11. AMD Chips w/ Linux

12. Running linux on an AMD chip.

13. AMD K6 chip and Linux