Kerio mail server and cell phone email

Post by Drew Cutte » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:00:25

What hardware would you need for your employees to be able receive their
email on their cell phones ? palm ? Looking at Kerio mail server since
Rav antivirus will no longer support linux.

Post by Seth H Holme » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:06:13

> What hardware would you need for your employees to be able receive their
> email on their cell phones ? palm ? Looking at Kerio mail server since
> Rav antivirus will no longer support linux.

It's not hardware, it's software.

Or rather, software sends the e-mail. The only hardware dependent
items is the phone itself. If it can receive messages (like Verizon

aliases to the actual e-mail addresses and voila... you've got easy
phone e-mail stuff.

--
Seth H Holmes

1. want to send/receive email from gprs phone through my linux mail server

Hi:

I'm running linux (SUSE 7.1, kernel 2.2.18) at home using sendmail 8.11.2
and popper (not sure of version). I am able to download mail from my mail
queue, but when I try to send something from my gprs phone through the mail
server, it says relaying is denied. How do I setup my mail server to allow
sending mail from my gprs phone? I'm using t-mobile service here in the
USA. My phone is a nokia 6310i and I'm using the Palm Tungsten T's Versa
mail program.

Thanks for the help!
--
I am not an Intel spokesperson

2. ARJ-compress problem

3. Bluetooth and cell phones (USA)

4. what does proxy arp mean?

5. cell phones

6. Odd IP addresses

7. ANN: cell phone samsung sgh-e720 with linux experience

8. Any makefile tutorial page

9. cell-phone like keyboard driver anywhere?

10. "mail" program - necessary to run mail server myself to e-mail to Internet?

11. Connecting w/Samsung A500 cell phone to laptop (LINUX)

12. laptop vs cell phone vs internet

13. reading a cell phone "sim card" from linux?