Setting up virtual IP

Post by Ricardo Kleeman » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi guys,

I currently run 1.2.13 and use the dummy interface + arp for implementing
virtual domains/IPs.

I know there's been a LOT of changes up to 2.0, and was wondering if
there was another, more efficient method of implementing this. I've heard
that there are better options nowadays than using the dummy interface.

Can anyone give me what the different options are and how to set it up?

Thanks!
Ricardo

Setting up virtual IP

Post by info » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Hi guys,

> I currently run 1.2.13 and use the dummy interface + arp for implementing
> virtual domains/IPs.

> I know there's been a LOT of changes up to 2.0, and was wondering if
> there was another, more efficient method of implementing this. I've heard
> that there are better options nowadays than using the dummy interface.

> Can anyone give me what the different options are and how to set it up?

> Thanks!
> Ricardo

1.2.13 named ipalias that provides full ip aliasing(i.e. answering for
multiple IP adresses)
you can get it at :
ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/rsanders/ipalias/
download the following files :
  README.alias
  alias-net-tools.tar.gz
  alias-patch-1.2.1-v1