samba printing, need a little help..

Post by Michael Nichol » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

 Hi,

I have a samba server set up, it is linked to two printers via our
network.. The samba server can print to them fine using "lpr" and so can
our windows machines.. However, I cannot get the linux boxes (RH 6.0) to
print to them...  help....

Thank You

Mike Nichols

--
no matter where you go... there you are....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

samba printing, need a little help..

Post by Magua » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

check this site
http://home.talkcity.com/MigrationPath/maguai

> Hi,

> I have a samba server set up, it is linked to two printers via our
> network.. The samba server can print to them fine using "lpr" and so can
> our windows machines.. However, I cannot get the linux boxes (RH 6.0) to
> print to them...  help....

> Thank You

> Mike Nichols

> --
> no matter where you go... there you are....

1. Almost Samba, need a little help

I was having a time setting up Apache under RedHat4.2 (Samba was rockin
though), went up to 5.0 and things are cool, now I can't seem to get Samba
to work. :(

I am using 2 Win98 machines and a dedicated box for Linux. Pings all around
with ip's and domain names. It just won't show up in NetNeighborhood. I
added guest to passwd and group, but must have done it wrong.

Also.. I have null passwords set to yes

1) Can anybody show me a quick passwd and group line for their working Samba
guest account?
2) I saw mention of someone using the computer name for access. Is that a
better alternative? ( I guess that could help track who is accessing what? )
3) Any ideas where I should look first for my problems? I have the shares
set up and everything else seems to be going just fine.

Thanks

CharlesT

2. X Session on Display 1 Not 0

3. newbie needs help on Samba and color printing for RH 5.1

4. Need Help with complier information

5. Printing over Samba: need help with postscript

6. LoadLin Clone

7. Need help with Samba printing

8. Q: Process alarm clock

9. need samba printing help

10. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

11. Little help, please (Samba sharing)

12. NEED Help on routing and Samba ! HELP HELP!!

13. Unix Printing need help -- How do I print to a device