unaligned libpcap packets???

Post by Nils Haberlan » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

--------------C400B77B0657B6FA391ABB93

Hi,

we have some problems with the netstuff under linux-alpha. When we start
ypbind (RedHat 4.2)
the whole network stands after a while and the traffic indicator of the
alpha stays on. Is this a problem of this special ypbind-version
(ypbind-3.0.1.alpha.rpm) or of the alpha-network-stuff. BTW:we are using
a the new tulip.c (v0.76)!

Try to find the problem, we find a warning, given by tcpdump:

tcpdump: listening on eth0
tcpdump: WARNING: compensating for unaligned libpcap packets

What does this mean and is this dangerous for our net???

TNX in advance, nils

--
Nils Haberland          .Linux.SMP.alpha.networking.
 Informatik VI - lab for speech recognition & pattern matching

--------------C400B77B0657B6FA391ABB93

begin:          vcard
fn:             Nils Haberland
n:              Haberland;Nils
org:            i6 - RWTH Aachen
adr:            Roermonder Stra?e 112a/43;;;Aachen;NRW;52072;Germany

tel;work:       +49 241 8021614
tel;fax:        +49 241 9108821
tel;home:       +49 241 9108820
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

--------------C400B77B0657B6FA391ABB93--

1. non-blocking packet pacture (libpcap)

Hey folks.

I was wondering if someone here knows if there's function/parameter or
technique of making pcap_next (or whatever) non-blocking. I'd like something
to return -1 if the packet is invalid/isn't received. Changing libpcap
would be the easiest right now, But that's now what i want. I dont want
my program to be dependable only on my patched version of pcap.

                                        Marko Mlakar

2. Replay: Linux, GNU, and freedom (by R.M.S.)

3. netfilter, libpcap and packet processing

4. sparc2 solaris2.4: unknown process keeps running

5. Should I install BSD packet filter to using the libpcap library?

6. Apache suexec

7. sending packet is not working - Building firewall/proxyserver using libpcap

8. enterprise hotswappable server my a$$

9. skipping a packet in libpcap

10. sending packet is not working - Building firewall/proxyserver using libpcap

11. DLPI interface, libpcap, packet filtering

12. skipping a packet in libpcap

13. libpcap packet capture in kernel space or usermod in linux??