Looking for IPv6 NAT traversal on Linux

Post by TestMa » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:46:59

MS, seem to have a solution called teredo they tried to push to w3c,
but is there such a thing on Linux ?

Is there anyone working on this topic here ?

Regards,
-SLK

1. NAT-T (NAT Traversal) support for Linux

Hi,

I need to establish a vpn connection between a windows 2000 client and a
windows 2000 server (microsoft ipsec vpn) with a NAT'ing linux firewall in
between.

the vpn setup does only use ESP, but i forget if it's in tunnel or transport
mode. (It's the more restrictive mode where it doesn't work because of
natting).

Our network guys tell me that i need NAT-T (NAT Traversal) to make it work,
that is: the encrypted packet needs to be encapsulated in a UDP packet.

This is apparently supported by windows xp.

Unfortunately, i find no info at all about NAT-T support for linux iptables.
Does anyone know if it's possible, or, if not, if anyone is working on it. I
imagine i cannot be the only one that needs to hook his laptop directly to
the internet because the vpn solution provided by my company does not
support my current linux firewall ?

Thanks,

Tom.

2. Printer Frustration

3. Nature Windows XP, Freeswan and NAT-Traversal

4. viewing interlaced images

5. MNF Ipsec Nat Traversal

6. Help with natd configuration

7. Solaris 10 - IPSec and NAT traversal

8. ports tree

9. NAT traversal

10. NAT Traversal

11. Linux IPv6/NAT/IP Bridging

12. Linux host PC(ipv6) can't ping with embedded board(ipv6) with ping6

13. IPv6 tunnel and NAT