Making a @!&# PPP connection to WorldNet

Post by Steven F. Dowe » Thu, 12 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone successfully connected a Linux PPP session to AT&Ts' Worldnet
service.  Their doc says that they use CHAP which I have set up but I think
my problem is with the way they expect the userid & passwords to come in.

Let me explain...  Upon negotiated modem connection, worldnet presents a
"Please Sign-on:" prompt.  If I reply my 9 character userid, I then get the
password prompt.  Replying my password to this I get an invalid userid
message.

goes into the PPP negotiation which fails.

My chap & pap -secrets files both have
9charuserid      *           password

h......e.......l........p!!!!

Thanks in advance...........

Steve Dower

1. PPP connection AT&T Worldnet

Hello,

Has any one been successful in connecting to Worldnet using
Solaris 2.5 ppp?
Will appreciate a working asppp.cf file.
The difference here from calling a regular ppp terminal server is
that after login prompt, it starts sending encrypted data.
How is this handled?

My account is  working from windows3.1 and I have
the necessary details such as login, password, dns, pop mail, etc.

Thanks,
Vaibhav Dahake

2. Problems installing X on Red Hat Linux

3. ppp connection to AT&T WorldNet Service

4. Tons of SIGSEGVS in NCSA 1.4 on BSD/OS 2.0

5. linux, PPP, AT&T Worldnet - looks like PPP does not start???

6. Programming Midi

7. ppp & chat scripts for AT&T's worldnet service???

8. networking win95

9. PPP connection alarm, exit (to ATT worldnet)

10. AT&T Worldnet connection

11. AT&T Worldnet Connection

12. Chat script to connect to AT&T Worldnet almost working (drops connection)