3Com509 on a Compaq Prolinea

Post by Rico » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

ARGH!!! I've been trying to set up my ethernet card, but came up empty.
I've got a Compaq Prolinea 5166, 3Com509 NIC, and RH6.1. I've disabled the
PnP of the NIC, got the range and IRQ and put it in the conf.modules file.
Rebooted, but nothing. It says that the initialization has been delayed
and it never initializes. Could someone help me, please!?

                Thanks,
                        Rico

Post by David Keye » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> ARGH!!! I've been trying to set up my ethernet card, but came up empty.
> I've got a Compaq Prolinea 5166, 3Com509 NIC, and RH6.1. I've disabled the
> PnP of the NIC, got the range and IRQ and put it in the conf.modules file.
> Rebooted, but nothing. It says that the initialization has been delayed
> and it never initializes. Could someone help me, please!?

>                 Thanks,
>                         Rico

what bios does the compaq have ?
what irq are you using?
is it a 509b ?
I managed to get one to work after some trial/error

Dave

1. 3Com509 on a Compaq Prolinea

ARGH!!! I've been trying to set up my ethernet card, but came up empty.
I've got a Compaq Prolinea 5166, 3Com509 NIC, and RH6.1. I've disabled the
PnP of the NIC, got the range and IRQ and put it in the conf.modules file.
Rebooted, but nothing. It says that the initialization has been delayed
and it never initializes. Could someone help me, please!?

                Thanks,
                        Rico

2. Mgetty + NetBSD

3. Xconfig for Compaq Prolinea 4/50 & Compaq SVGA Monitor

4. RedHat 3.0.3, Compaq DeskPro 5/166 install woes

5. RH on Compaq Deskpro or Prolinea ??

6. DSL with a Nortel Modem on Linuxppc

7. X under Compaq Prolinea Net1/25s

8. Hmm ether net order...

9. Compaq Prolinea/System Recommendations?

10. Linux on Compaq Prolinea ??

11. XFree on a Compaq Prolinea 4/33s with an ET4000 (on the motherboard)?

12. Help: wierd prob. w/ Compaq Prolinea 590 (Cirrus 5434)

13. Problem with adaptec AHA-2940 and Compaq Prolinea 575