Data Link interfaces fpr linux

Post by Joe Putar-Vrc » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi guys !! I'm in the process of writing the sepcs for a serial to ethernet
multiplexor, and I'd like to know if RedHat (or any other variation of
Linux for that matter) supports the DLPI ethernet interface, or if it has any
other interface to the Data Link layer. At the moment it looks like I might
have to write my own driver, and that's something that I'm trying to avoid.

Cheers & Thanks
Joe

1. Data Link Provider Interface

I just stumbled over the dlpi interface supplied with AIX 3.2. As I have
quite a few network tracing utilities that work with DLPI I though I could
attempt to get them running. The info document is a bit thin on data link
providers, they refer to the specific provider documentation for address
formats. But info does not find anything on the dlpi drivers in /dev/dlpi
(en, et and tr on my system). Does anybody has any more information on
the sap formats used by DL_BIND on these devices? Also I would be interested
if DL_PROMISCON_REQ is supported.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager
HELIOS Software GmbH, Lavesstr. 80, 3000 Hannover 1, Germany

Tel.:  +49-511-3681093, FAX:   +49-511-3681095

2. Spontaneous shutdown on a GW 9100 Laptop running Linux

3. Programming with Data Link Provider Interface

4. pc164 with 2940 scsi

5. STREAMS Data Link Interface (Dell SVR4)

6. Patching vi Binary

7. Need assist with Interface Data Inc.'s Data X-change Tools

8. Ethernet card doesnt work..but I might know why

9. Extracting Links from HTML for Links MYSQL data base...

10. Webspace fpr Linux? (fwd)

11. linux statistic data for interface

12. Linux program interface to data organizer

13. TCP/IP SYN + data causes Linux to kill link in some cases