Dialup localnet problems (checked nsswitch.conf)

Dialup localnet problems (checked nsswitch.conf)

Post by francesc_gua.. » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi. This has been talked here before, so I want to say I tried hard.
I first installed slackware 3.3 long time ago, I upgraded to slackware 4
when it came out and I'm still having this problem:

- I have a linux server that is dialup and samba server with proxies.

- When someone is downloading something from internet local net
        connections time out. If dialup is down or the out network
        is not very busy localnet works right.

I checked evey host ip is in /etc/hosts and /etc/nsswitch.conf is

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files dns
protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

What else can I do ?

And when the internet connection is hanged localnet works like shit
untill I disable default routes.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.