Linux 2.1.30: SO_SNDBUF: Invalid argument

Linux 2.1.30: SO_SNDBUF: Invalid argument

Post by roo » Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi there.
Since I've upgraded to Linux-2.1.30 (and subsequent) I'm not able anymore
to run traceroute.
I always get this error message: "SO_SNDBUF: Invalid argument".
Is there any hint?
Thanks in advance.
Vincenzo Romano
People's Network
Sys & Net Admin

1. Possible EATA-DMA SCSI/SMP/Cyrix 6x86 boot crash on 2.1.30?

Last night, I compiled 2.1.30 on my machine and it crashed while booting.  It
seemed to happen just after my IDE driver was initialized and before my SCSI
driver was initialized.  I'm using the EATA-DMA SCSI driver with SCSI CD-ROM
and SCSI tape support modularized, but SCSI disk support compiled into the
kernel.

Since 2.1.30 is built with SMP enabled by default, I got suspicious and
recompiled the kernel *without* SMP support.  Then, it all worked fine.

I have a Cyrix 6x86 P-166+ on a Tyan Titan I motherboard.  When the kernel
first booted, it gave me OEM numbers for "Pentium 1" and "Pentium 2".  Is it
always supposed to do this even though I only have one processor?  Could the
SMP code be confused because I have a Cyrix 6x86 chip?

Why is SMP the default now?

I couldn't save the ooops traces because they fly by on my screen too fast.
And since my SCSI never got initialized, it never got written to disk.  I guess
it's hard to write to /var/adm/syslog if the SCSI drivers crash.  :)

-Ryan Moore

2. Decent DOS-like "rename" script

3. kernel 2.1.30 failing to compile modules correctly

4. ftpfs ???

5. traceroute: SO_SNDBUF: Invalid argument

6. FTP, SMTP, POP slow to respond

7. 2.1.34 traceroute: SO_SNDBUF: Invalid argument

8. DOJ: Microsoft Comes Unglued

9. Linux IPv6 bind failure with Invalid Argument.

10. Apache (Oracle HTTP Server) mmap: Invalid argument on Linux system

11. error: Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument

12. Linux errmsg: SIOCADDRT: Invalid arguments