how to use WGET command to get today's date?

how to use WGET command to get today's date?

Post by Loki Harfag » Sat, 23 Apr 2011 03:32:28

Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:20:44 -0700, newbie09 did cat?:

Quote:> OK, I know what the problem is now.  The wget command works, but my
> Solaris system can't get to the outside world. It's linked on a network
> that has Internet access.

> This is what I see when I run the wget command:

> --10:22:21--  http://www.yahoo.com/
>            => `index.html'
> Resolving www.yahoo.com... failed: node name or service name not known.

> How do I configure my Solaris 10 so that it can use wget to communicate
> to the outside world?  Thanks.

if you're behind a proxy, use that proxy (ie configure your wget accordingly)
you may also have a route definition problem in order to either reach the
proxy or simply the internet (whatever each are in your special undescribed world)
You may consider ideating a bit less what you think you're trying to do
and think about reading and/or observing where/what are your "Solaris system",
aquaintancies and whereabouts, I'd suggest you'd switch from shell groups to
network groups, maybe ;-)

[FU2 setup to coln]

how to use WGET command to get today's date?

Post by Stewart McKenn » Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:33:35

I think we need another topic "useless (or questionable) uses for WGET"

Quote:> Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:20:44 -0700, newbie09 did cat :

>> OK, I know what the problem is now.  The wget command works, but my
>> Solaris system can't get to the outside world. It's linked on a network
>> that has Internet access.

>> This is what I see when I run the wget command:

>> --10:22:21--  http://www.yahoo.com/
>>            => `index.html'
>> Resolving www.yahoo.com... failed: node name or service name not known.

>> How do I configure my Solaris 10 so that it can use wget to communicate
>> to the outside world?  Thanks.

> if you're behind a proxy, use that proxy (ie configure your wget
> accordingly)
> you may also have a route definition problem in order to either reach the
> proxy or simply the internet (whatever each are in your special
> undescribed world)
> You may consider ideating a bit less what you think you're trying to do
> and think about reading and/or observing where/what are your "Solaris
> system",
> aquaintancies and whereabouts, I'd suggest you'd switch from shell groups
> network groups, maybe ;-)

> [FU2 setup to coln]

how to use WGET command to get today's date?

Post by Loki Harfag » Mon, 25 Apr 2011 00:33:52

Sat, 23 Apr 2011 10:33:35 -0400, Stewart McKenna did cat?:

Quote:> I think we need another topic "useless (or questionable) uses for WGET"

Correct, seems newbie09 (the OP) is now trying new words in cu.admin,
in cus I think that Seebs correctly summed up the first attempts ;-)
""
Quote:> So, basically, this whole thread can be summarized as:

>    Newsgroups: telecom.phones.nokia
>    Subject: Help using Nokia 6110

>    Does anyone remember the phone number for this guy named Jake
>    I used to know who could always seem to find tickets for concerts?

""