3Com Impact IQ + Dual Channel + RH6 Help

3Com Impact IQ + Dual Channel + RH6 Help

Post by Woof » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have had quite a difficult time getting my 3Com Impact IQ ISDN modem
to connect with both channels and I was wondering if anybody out there
could help.  I am using Red Hat 6.0

I am able to dial and connect with one channel, but I seem to be
getting horrible performance, and when I do an ifconfig I see that I
am getting anywhere from 15-20% packet loss. I tried lowering the MTU
and RTU, but no luck.  I also can not connect at all with the second
channel.  My ISP said that for the second channel I need for the ATDT
command to have "phone number & phone number" and that I need to use
PAP.  It still won't work though.

Anybody who has been able to get this modem to work with RH6 and is
willing to help, would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I am using "linuxconf" to configure everything.

Thanks in advance......

mjk

3Com Impact IQ + Dual Channel + RH6 Help

Post by Jeff » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Somebody posted this INIT and said it worked for them...S71=1 add it to the
connect script when you initialize the modem. The 1 is for Async-Sync PPP
conversion. I would be interested in any steps, e.g Modules, Rpm's and
scripts used if you get this to work. I have a client who would want this
instead of a Cable modem solution and I don't have a 'spare' BRI hangin'
around to test it!
Hope it helps...

Jeff

> I have had quite a difficult time getting my 3Com Impact IQ ISDN modem
> to connect with both channels and I was wondering if anybody out there
> could help.  I am using Red Hat 6.0

> I am able to dial and connect with one channel, but I seem to be
> getting horrible performance, and when I do an ifconfig I see that I
> am getting anywhere from 15-20% packet loss. I tried lowering the MTU
> and RTU, but no luck.  I also can not connect at all with the second
> channel.  My ISP said that for the second channel I need for the ATDT
> command to have "phone number & phone number" and that I need to use
> PAP.  It still won't work though.

> Anybody who has been able to get this modem to work with RH6 and is
> willing to help, would be greatly appreciated.

> BTW, I am using "linuxconf" to configure everything.

> Thanks in advance......

> mjk

3Com Impact IQ + Dual Channel + RH6 Help

Post by Woof » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Ok, since I am relatively new to Linux, where exactly would I but
this?  I have been using "linuxconf" so I am not exactly sure where
all the scripts are that initialize the modem.  If I do get it to
work, I will let you know.

mjk

>Somebody posted this INIT and said it worked for them...S71=1 add it to the
>connect script when you initialize the modem. The 1 is for Async-Sync PPP
>conversion. I would be interested in any steps, e.g Modules, Rpm's and
>scripts used if you get this to work. I have a client who would want this
>instead of a Cable modem solution and I don't have a 'spare' BRI hangin'
>around to test it!
>Hope it helps...

>Jeff

>> I have had quite a difficult time getting my 3Com Impact IQ ISDN modem
>> to connect with both channels and I was wondering if anybody out there
>> could help.  I am using Red Hat 6.0

>> I am able to dial and connect with one channel, but I seem to be
>> getting horrible performance, and when I do an ifconfig I see that I
>> am getting anywhere from 15-20% packet loss. I tried lowering the MTU
>> and RTU, but no luck.  I also can not connect at all with the second
>> channel.  My ISP said that for the second channel I need for the ATDT
>> command to have "phone number & phone number" and that I need to use
>> PAP.  It still won't work though.

>> Anybody who has been able to get this modem to work with RH6 and is
>> willing to help, would be greatly appreciated.

>> BTW, I am using "linuxconf" to configure everything.

>> Thanks in advance......

>> mjk

3Com Impact IQ + Dual Channel + RH6 Help

Post by Jeff » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

go look in your /etc/ppp directory and read the /var/log/messages to see
what the connect script might be called, otherwise 'more' all the files in
this directory to see the 'chat' script to initialize the modem.

> Ok, since I am relatively new to Linux, where exactly would I but
> this?  I have been using "linuxconf" so I am not exactly sure where
> all the scripts are that initialize the modem.  If I do get it to
> work, I will let you know.

> mjk

> >Somebody posted this INIT and said it worked for them...S71=1 add it to
the
> >connect script when you initialize the modem. The 1 is for Async-Sync PPP
> >conversion. I would be interested in any steps, e.g Modules, Rpm's and
> >scripts used if you get this to work. I have a client who would want this
> >instead of a Cable modem solution and I don't have a 'spare' BRI hangin'
> >around to test it!
> >Hope it helps...

> >Jeff

> >> I have had quite a difficult time getting my 3Com Impact IQ ISDN modem
> >> to connect with both channels and I was wondering if anybody out there
> >> could help.  I am using Red Hat 6.0

> >> I am able to dial and connect with one channel, but I seem to be
> >> getting horrible performance, and when I do an ifconfig I see that I
> >> am getting anywhere from 15-20% packet loss. I tried lowering the MTU
> >> and RTU, but no luck.  I also can not connect at all with the second
> >> channel.  My ISP said that for the second channel I need for the ATDT
> >> command to have "phone number & phone number" and that I need to use
> >> PAP.  It still won't work though.

> >> Anybody who has been able to get this modem to work with RH6 and is
> >> willing to help, would be greatly appreciated.

> >> BTW, I am using "linuxconf" to configure everything.

> >> Thanks in advance......

> >> mjk

1. 3com Impact IQ & Dual Channel Connections

Hello All,
        I have setup my Linux Redhat 5.0 system to connect utilizing
my 3com TA. I can not get it to connect for the life of me using dual
channel. I have successfully connected using windows95 (dual channel)
but it will not connect more then 56k DOV single via linux..

Any suggestions?

2. modem access

3. Binding to a privilledged port? (Tweek?)

4. Help w/ 3Com ISDN Impact IQ Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation

5. IDE controller

6. 3com Impact IQ and LRP - *please* help

7. XF86Setup (Toshiba 4700 )

8. pppd 2.3, Impact IQ misfeature/bug causes 1 channel only

9. 3com Impact IQ Connect Rates

10. ISDN problem w/ 3Com Impact IQ, Red Hat 5.0 (More info)

11. 3com Impact IQ with Lavaport-ISA 16650 UART serial

12. LinuxPPP+3com Impact IQ terminal adapter..