changing initial TCP window size in linux

changing initial TCP window size in linux

Post by Abha Ahuj » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:07:04

I apologize for not being clear about my question. The question is that I
want to change the initial TCP window size to 4 segments. I believe the
default is size of 2. How can I do this for a linux kernel. Do I have to
modify the kernel source code and recompile it or is it a configurable
option/setting. Any help in this area is appritiated. Thanks in advance for
any answers.

Atul Ahuja

changing initial TCP window size in linux

Post by Todd Knar » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:38:54

Quote:> I apologize for not being clear about my question. The question is that I
> want to change the initial TCP window size to 4 segments. I believe the

Actually you don't want to increase the initial window size. That would
break the slow-start algorithm, causing ( probably ) increased congestion,
increased packet loss and slower transfer speeds when the network is
busy. Best to let it start at, as I recall, 1 segment and increase from
there per the RFCs.

--
Collin was right. Never give a virus a missile launcher.
                                -- Erk, Reality Check #8

1. changing TCP initial window size in linux

I apologize for not being clear about my question. The question is that I
want to change the initial TCP window size to 4 segments. I believe the
default is size of 2. How can I do this for a linux kernel. Do I have to
modify the kernel source code and recompile it or is it a configurable
option/setting. Any help in this area is appritiated. Thanks in advance for
any answers.

Atul Ahuja

2. lib directory en anonymous ftp

3. setting Initial Window Size of TCP in linux

4. Routing with iptables

5. Changing initial window size

6. DIP/SLIP ping but no telnet

7. pseduo pty error

8. changing tcp window size dynamically for FTP on linux

9. ** How change TCP Window Size?? **

10. How to change TCP window size ?

11. change the TCP send/receive window size