Port Prioritisation with U32 class

Post by Chops » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:08:40

Hi all

I already posted a general help regarding this subject, but now I have a
specific problem to relate.

I am trying to setup prioritisation between 2 Linux boxes on a WAN.

The following filter works fine

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 flowid 1:3 match ip src
192.168.44.9

but this one does not

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 flowid 1:3 match tcp src 1720
0xffff

The classes and qdisc are correct. The rule works for ip addresses, but not
for ports in the next header. Does this sound like I have not compiled my
kernel correctly?

I would love to be able to trap debug info and see what raw data is coming
through.

I have looked at countless howtos and doc files and everything points to me
doing this correctly.

I realise the lines are out of context, but the fact that example 2 does map
correctly to my class 1:3 should indicate that the scenario is correct.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Regards

Mark Dutton