Unresoved symbol?

Post by Mark » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to configure an AMD 2700TX NIC and when the system comes up I get
an error message that says "depmod unresolved symbol..." when trying to load
the pcnet32.o module.  The interface will not activate at boot up, and will
not stay active if I try to start it using netcfg.  I'm not quite sure what
the error message means.  Does anyone have any insight on this?  And if so,
what should I do about it?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Mark

1. unresoved symbols when after compiling tulip driver.

I am running Red Hat 5.2 Kernel 2.0.36-0.7. I am trying to install a
second NIC (Netgear FA 310tx). It comes with a Tulip.c file. I compiled
it fine, but once I issued the command:

/sbin/depmod -a

it responded with these lines:

/lib/modules/preferred/net/tul/ :unresolved symbol(s)
/lib/modules/preferred/net/tulip.o :unresolved symbol(s)

Is there another file I need to update?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jorg

2. HELP! Disk Problem

3. Unresoved symbol?

4. Linux on alpha boards?

5. Unresoved symbols

6. PPP issues in switching from KDE to Gnome

7. Problem with Apache + PHP4 DSO : symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found

8. Mazama packet filter

9. Symbol xyz <> Symbol xyz!

10. Solaris 2.5.1 symbol vsnprintf: referenced symbol not found

11. tdb_link error: "cg: cannot calculate difference between symbol ".L1 and symbol"

12. 2.5.73-bk5 -- intermezzo.ko needs unknown symbol set_fs_root, vga16fb.ko needs unknown symbol screen_info