HELP: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

Post by Jeremy Green » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am getting the message

        SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

when booting my system .  I assume this is when the sysconfig scripts
are trying to add a default route to my PPP device.  I cannot set up a
PPP link to my ISP as the modem always hangs up within about 5 seconds
of logging in.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a standalone PC (no ethernet etc.) with a modem connection to
my ISP which worked fine before I upgraded from RedHat 4.0 to 4.1,
2.0.27 kernel.

Thanks for any info.

Worcester, U.K.                                      SO 882567

1. HELP! "SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument"

I just reinstalled RH5.2 (k. 2.0.35).

During boot. Right after the (new) ethernet card is detected I get this

"SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument" error.

And then everything stops.

What to do? I guess I have to reinstall as the system/boot disk produced the
same error.. But what can I do in order to prevent the same thing from
happening again??

Thanx a mill!

/Martin

2. Home Network Setup Problems

3. route add ==> SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

4. Disksuite and FLASH archives

5. SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument...

6. The Shell of root is invalidC,cannot login in!!

7. SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument

8. adaptec 2940 and bootdisk

9. SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

10. SIOCADDRT: invalid argument

11. Getting "SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument" with 'route add' ...?

12. What does "SIOCADDRT: Invalid Argument" mean?

13. SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument