changing tcp window size dynamically for FTP on linux

changing tcp window size dynamically for FTP on linux

Post by anuragme.. » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 07:42:48

hello,

I have some requirements for a project that implements FTP throttling.
Depending on the values of a particular variable (that can change
dynamically), the requirements state that the advertised tcp window
size should be set  to various values. The implementation is on Linux.
I am not sure where to start implementing this. Any tips and guidelines
will be greatly appreciated!

-Vinod

Post by Phili » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:20:51

> hello,

> I have some requirements for a project that implements FTP throttling.
> Depending on the values of a particular variable (that can change
> dynamically), the requirements state that the advertised tcp window
> size should be set  to various values. The implementation is on Linux.
> I am not sure where to start implementing this. Any tips and guidelines
> will be greatly appreciated!

> -Vinod

Seems like this was already done several years ago

http://www.nlanr.net/NLANRPackets/v2.1/tcptuningaward.html

http://www.ncftp.com/

1. changing initial TCP window size in linux

I apologize for not being clear about my question. The question is that I
want to change the initial TCP window size to 4 segments. I believe the
default is size of 2. How can I do this for a linux kernel. Do I have to
modify the kernel source code and recompile it or is it a configurable
option/setting. Any help in this area is appritiated. Thanks in advance for
any answers.

Atul Ahuja

2. fdisk can't see a partition that partition magic CAN see

3. changing TCP initial window size in linux

4. Bit SURFR Pro (EZ) or 3com Impact IQ?

5. ** How change TCP Window Size?? **

6. Added interrupt routine for a device driver under Solaris 2.4

7. How to change TCP window size ?

8. serial mouse

9. change the TCP send/receive window size

10. ??: pppd and TCP/IP Window Size - Changing it?

11. changing TCP window size

12. changing TCP Window Size

13. TCP window sizes/large windows