EtherExpress NIC and RH

Post by Tony Brow » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

When I boot either my RH4.2 or RH5.0 box (both have Intel EtherExpress)
NIC's the system hangs at the NIC initialization.

The system booted with no errors only after the initial install on both RH
versions.

Any suggestions?

Tony

EtherExpress NIC and RH

Post by Jason Bross » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

you can look here maybe it will help
http://www.monmouth.com/~jay/Linux

> When I boot either my RH4.2 or RH5.0 box (both have Intel EtherExpress)
> NIC's the system hangs at the NIC initialization.

> The system booted with no errors only after the initial install on both RH
> versions.

> Any suggestions?

> Tony

EtherExpress NIC and RH

Post by Tony Brow » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Thanks ... on my way.

> you can look here maybe it will help
> http://www.monmouth.com/~jay/Linux

> > When I boot either my RH4.2 or RH5.0 box (both have Intel EtherExpress)
> > NIC's the system hangs at the NIC initialization.

> > The system booted with no errors only after the initial install on both RH
> > versions.

> > Any suggestions?

> > Tony

1. RH 5.1 install not seeing Intel Etherexpress Pro NIC..

Hello..
        I am not exactly new to Linux ( I am a Comp-Eng major) But I am still
pretty green...

I need assistance installing Linux on a 5 identical boxes for the purpose
of running a BeoWulf setup.
The Intel Etherexpress Pro 10's are not cooperating. I have them set on 10
and 300 and it says that it cant find them when I try ansd install the RH
OS..

Teh computer configs are identical and are as follows
(5) Dell Demention

Pentium 60's
24MB ram
340MB HD
Intel EtherExpress pro NIC (ISA)
Number Nine VGA card.. (PCI)

I have run the softset2 utility and configured ALL of the cards to 10 and
300
They are running a packet test ( Yeah, I HAD to use a Dos 6.22 boot disk,
blach!!!)  and can talk to each other through a 16 prot hub..

I went up on slashdot and looked at other people's prob;ems/resolutons fir
this card to no avail...

Any help will be appreciated
Thankx

--
To reply, remove 'SpamSux' from my e-mail address..
Thanks

2. Solaris terminals disappear - time sync problem?

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. dream machine recomendation?

5. Help please: Red Hat 5/EtherExpress NIC/ISA/486

6. Programmer needed urgently

7. Intel EtherExpress PRO 10 NIC, please help

8. PCMCIA Megahertz modem in Thinkpad not funtioning...

9. Intel EtherExpress NIC problems

10. Intel Etherexpress Combo Card NIC probs.

11. UnixWare 7 and EtherExpress NIC

12. Intel EtherExpress NIC

13. RH6.2 and Intel EtherExpress TP16 NIC Problem