help: Lynx with firewall

Post by victor.. » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

  How can I configure Lynx to no ask the user/passwordof of the firewall in
each diferent server I connect?

  I tryed with -auth and -pauth, but it only works in the first server I
visit.

  Is posible to configure Linux to go through the firewall (with
user/password) for all the applications? In a ~transparent way, without
configuring each program with user/password.  It would be something like a
'gateway' between the applications and the firewall.

  Thanks
  (and sorry for my english)

  Victor
  victorf(a)datalab.es

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Lynx on Solaris 7: Firewall issues

I got the precompiled lynx binary for Solaris 7 from the PatriotSoft depository
(ftp://ftp.patriots.net/pub/solaris_packages/7-Sparc/) and installed it
as root using the pkgadd -d file.pkg command. I have got it working, but
have a few questions.

(1) I have set http_proxy:, https_proxy and other similar variables to
point to our firewall as follows. E.g.

http_proxy:http://proxy1.foobar.com:8080/

How can I setup lynx to queries multiple proxies, in series, as
needed. For example, say we have three proxies: proxy1.foobar.com,
proxy2.foobar.com and proxy3.foobar.com. In case proxy1 is down, or
does not respond, proxy2 should be used, etc. Is there a way to configure
lynx for this?

(2) If I type "lynx http://www.stanford.edu/" everything works OK. However, if
I just type "lynx www.stanford.edu", lynx tries www.stanford.edu, then
www.stanford.edu.com, www.stanford.edu.net, etc., and fails. How can I set
the default prefix to be http://, if http:// is not specified?

Changing the URL prefix variable to "http://" does not help. If I change
the URL prefix variable to be "http://www" then typing "lynx stanford.edu"
will work, but of course typing "lynx thomas.loc.gov" will result in
"lynx http://www.thomas.loc.gov" which is not right.

In short, I ONLY want to add http:// prefix, if there are no prefixes.

Thanks for your help.

Bhoot Nath

2. Big Problem with PPP - Help PLEASE !!!!

3. lynx works, but lynx -source fails ?!?

4. using return key and "*" from numeric keypad?

5. Help on firewall ruleset for routing X (Exceed) thru the Linux firewall

6. PCMCIA SCSI (Adaptec) driver wanted

7. 4029, ISDN, IBM IN.

8. Help: firewall but no firewall?!?

9. HELP,HELP,HELP:Firewalling.

10. HELP!!! Bizzare apache / lynx / cgi behavior!!!

11. Help: LYNX Extra Line

12. help w/ cdrom changer, and lynx....