1. Lynx on Solaris 7: Firewall issues
I got the precompiled lynx binary for Solaris 7 from the PatriotSoft depository
(ftp://ftp.patriots.net/pub/solaris_packages/7-Sparc/) and installed it
as root using the pkgadd -d file.pkg command. I have got it working, but
have a few questions.
(1) I have set http_proxy:, https_proxy and other similar variables to
point to our firewall as follows. E.g.
How can I setup lynx to queries multiple proxies, in series, as
needed. For example, say we have three proxies: proxy1.foobar.com,
proxy2.foobar.com and proxy3.foobar.com. In case proxy1 is down, or
does not respond, proxy2 should be used, etc. Is there a way to configure
lynx for this?
(2) If I type "lynx http://www.stanford.edu/" everything works OK. However, if
I just type "lynx www.stanford.edu", lynx tries www.stanford.edu, then
www.stanford.edu.com, www.stanford.edu.net, etc., and fails. How can I set
the default prefix to be http://, if http:// is not specified?
Changing the URL prefix variable to "http://" does not help. If I change
the URL prefix variable to be "http://www" then typing "lynx stanford.edu"
will work, but of course typing "lynx thomas.loc.gov" will result in
"lynx http://www.thomas.loc.gov" which is not right.
In short, I ONLY want to add http:// prefix, if there are no prefixes.
Thanks for your help.
2. Big Problem with PPP - Help PLEASE !!!!
3. lynx works, but lynx -source fails ?!?
4. using return key and "*" from numeric keypad?
5. Help on firewall ruleset for routing X (Exceed) thru the Linux firewall
6. PCMCIA SCSI (Adaptec) driver wanted
7. 4029, ISDN, IBM IN.
8. Help: firewall but no firewall?!?
10. HELP!!! Bizzare apache / lynx / cgi behavior!!!
11. Help: LYNX Extra Line
12. help w/ cdrom changer, and lynx....