ftp and jar-files (class files)

Post by Jan Agermos » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

I am using RH5.2 and RH6 and have a ftp'ing to a server. I have a jar
archive (or java class files) that I need to "put" onto a webserver. I
have tried using the standard ftp program, ncftp and gftp. They all fail
to put the files onto the server. The new ncftp that comes with RH6 does
not even pick up on the error nor does the std. ftp program. On RH5.2 I
get (using ncftp):

Quote:> put Browser.jar

Sending file: Browser.jar
ETA:  0:00
Browser.jar:  19899 bytes sent in 0.01 seconds, 3.39 MB/s.
Error: Host is not responding to commands,* up.

does anyone know what is happening?

--
Mvh Jan Agermose

Tranek?rvej 58, v92