building stateless nat with iptools

Post by jpruden » Tue, 24 May 2011 14:21:27

Hi!

I'm struggling building a simple stateless NAT with iptools with a
2.6.39
I've read on some forum that the feature is now removed, hence I
should use netfilter.
Is that true?

PS:
For DNAT, when I'm trying to input
ip route add nat 10.0.55.2 via 192.168.44.2
it says: RNETLINK answers: invalid argument

Thanks.

building stateless nat with iptools

Post by jpruden » Tue, 24 May 2011 15:31:21

Quote:> Hi!

> I'm struggling building a simple stateless NAT with iptools with a
> 2.6.39
> I've read on some forum that the feature is now removed, hence I
> should use netfilter.
> Is that true?

> PS:
> For DNAT, when I'm trying to input
> ip route add nat 10.0.55.2 via 192.168.44.2
> it says: RNETLINK answers: invalid argument

> Thanks.

oh yes it's true, rtfm.

building stateless nat with iptools

Post by Bonno Bloksm » Tue, 24 May 2011 22:06:18

Hi,

Quote:> I'm struggling building a simple stateless NAT with iptools with a
> 2.6.39
> I've read on some forum that the feature is now removed, hence I
> should use netfilter.
> Is that true?

Yes, pretty much everything is done nowadays with iptables, the command for netfilter.
It has an ipv4 command (iptables) and an ipv6 command (ip6tables).

Read the docs at http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/index.html

Bonno

building stateless nat with iptools

Post by Pascal Hambour » Wed, 25 May 2011 02:22:34

Hello,

jprudent a crit :

Quote:

> I'm struggling building a simple stateless NAT with iptools with a
> 2.6.39
> I've read on some forum that the feature is now removed, hence I
> should use netfilter.
> Is that true?

The best place to ask is the netfilter list. However I'll write a quick
answer.

As others said, the old stateless NAT controlled by the 'ip' tool, was
removed a long time ago. Since 2.6.24 it was replaced by a new stateless
NAT controlled by the 'nat' action of the 'tc' tool.

There is no stateless NAT support by iptables/netfilter in the mainline
kernel. However raw NAT targets RAWSNAT and RAWDNAT are available from
xtables-addons (which replaced the old patch-o-matic).

1. which linux version have build in NAT

hi any ideal which linux version have build in NAT for Internet sharing, how
do I configure it
recently got cable modem, I wanna to use linux as Router,So that all my
other 2 PC can surf net as well. rather goin to purchase a expansive Router

10q

--
http://www.classicalmusic.per.sg

2. new kernel woes

3. : Building a Linux Firewall with NAT and QoS

4. Serial Console

5. NAT Question: (building on my previous post)

6. Apache directory question

7. Do ipchain a stateless firewall?

8. limit connections on HP-UX

9. Linux NFS Stateless???

10. HTTP a stateless protocol??

11. if http is stateless, how does apache know not to authenticate again

12. Stateful and Stateless Intrusion Detection System

13. apache & stateless connections