1. ipip tunneling in 2.1.x: strange ifconfig/pointopoint behavior
Can anyone offer me help in setting up an ipip tunnel under
a recent version of 2.1.x?
It seems the behavior of ifconfig has changed in 2.1.x. I
can't seem to get ifconfig to set IFF_POINTOPOINT. This
works for me in kernel 2.1.65, but I've tried several later
versions and none of them will allow me to do the following:
# ifconfig tunl0 22.214.171.124 netmask 255.255.255.0 \
In 2.1.105, for example, this yields the following:
tunl0 Link encap:IPIP Tunnel HWaddr
inet addr:126.96.36.199 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP RUNNING NOARP MTU:1480 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
Furthermore, a "magic" route is added:
188.8.131.52 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 tunl0
This route is not at all what I need. 184.108.40.206 should be
routed through tunl0, not 220.127.116.11. I haven't been able
to determine how to get ifconfig to not create "magic" routes
for me when i configure a device.
So, why am I messing with 2.1.x anyway? Why can't I just use 2.0?
I need this to work in version at least 2.1.70 or greater, as the new
2.1.x smbfs support (added in 2.1.70) works with Pathworks 5, whereas
the older 2.0.x smbfs does not.
I've combed the docs, the kernel source, dejanews, altavista, you
name it, for about two weeks and have not turned up anything, so I
would be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the right
Ben Armstrong -. Medianet Development Group,
<URL: http://www.dymaxion.ca/> `- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
2. Channel Bonding: link aggregation across 2 switches
3. Strange behavior when aliasing "cd"
4. Using DOS/Win95 partition as normal user
5. alias for bash, strange behavior
6. K3b h?ngt sich beim Fixieren auf
7. tcsh strange alias behavior under solaris
8. Serial device initialization
9. Script problem with ifconfig, to do IP aliasing.
10. TCP/IP aliases & ifconfig under Solaris
11. ?:Kernel V2.2.-IP Alias-eth0:0 Is Invisible To 'ifconfig"?
12. Need Multi-IP ifconfig alias patch
13. Smart ifconfig? (aliasing 2 IP's)