Belkin 8 Port OmniView Pro

Post by Bill Alexande » Wed, 16 May 2001 10:36:26

I'm interested in buying a Belkin 8 port OmniView Pro (F1D108-OSP).  I've

Thanks,

Bill

Belkin 8 Port OmniView Pro

Post by Michael Lee Finne » Wed, 16 May 2001 12:11:34

> I'm interested in buying a Belkin 8 port OmniView Pro (F1D108-OSP).  I've

I haven't used that model, but I am using the Belkin 4
port OmniViewSE with the same rating. And I am using

360Mhz bandwidth). However, check out...

   Rose Vista L Series KVL-8PC
   8 Port w/std PC Connector
   $499.00
   $599.99 with OSD

Which, depending on the ad you read, is rated at
2048x1536 and 350Mhz bandwidth.

I haven't bought one yet (I picked the Belkin up
locally when my previous KVM died), but it is the
highest rated KVM I have found so far.

Belkin 8 Port OmniView Pro

Post by Bill Alexande » Wed, 16 May 2001 13:00:16

Michael:

Thanks for the info on the Belkin.  I'll remember the tip about Rosa Vista.

Bill

> In article <uK%L6.78810$2U.36153111

> > I'm interested in buying a Belkin 8 port OmniView Pro (F1D108-OSP).
I've

> I haven't used that model, but I am using the Belkin 4
> port OmniViewSE with the same rating. And I am using

> 360Mhz bandwidth). However, check out...

>    Rose Vista L Series KVL-8PC
>    8 Port w/std PC Connector
>    $499.00
>    $599.99 with OSD

> Which, depending on the ad you read, is rated at
> 2048x1536 and 350Mhz bandwidth.

> I haven't bought one yet (I picked the Belkin up
> locally when my previous KVM died), but it is the
> highest rated KVM I have found so far.

1. belkin box (OmniView 4-port) and linux

I'm running red hat 7.3 and kde 3 on one box and Win2kProf on another.
 I switch between with the belkin box.  Windows is fine, but when I
switch back to linux the mouse is nuts.  The "Start Menu" (or whatever
that's called in KDE) pops up and down, and random windows get focus.
Its only a matter of time before something important gets deleted.

Anyway, I've found that if I unplug my mouse from the belkin box and
then plug it back in everything is ok.  Any ideas?  This was happening
with a previous linux box (mandrake 8.0), but that got scrapped for
the mouse and other reasons (hadn't figured out the plug trick).  Both
are very similar hardware.  Compaq PII deskpro's.  Win2K is PIII

Any ideas?

2. kernel header file

3. Belkin OmniView 2-Port Kills Mouse in Linix

4. eth1 not recognized at boot

5. Belkin OmniView 2-Port Kills Mouse in Linux

6. Apache 1.0.5 binary for HP-UX

7. Searchable archive for comp.os.linux.announce?

8. Belkin OmniView SOHO series KVM

9. OSD keys for Belkin Pro KVM 8 port switch

10. SUSE Linux/Omniview PS/2 2 Port