ICMP: Could not build IP Header..

Post by Shiang Huey Wa » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
    I am using Token ring card on my linux box (kernel 1.2.13, TR
driver 1.2.0, 3Com TokenLing III)
 I got the following message:

ICMP: Could not build IP Header for ICMP Echo Response.

I can ping a router (address: 205.156.203.1) in the ring from
anywhere(including linux box) , but I can't ping the linux box
(205.156.203.2) from any place other than the linux box itself.
Is there anyone know where I setup wrong ? Thanks for any clue.

1. ICMP HOST cannot build IP Header address to echo ICMP HOST

 this is the error message i get when trying to telnet anywhere but to my
domain serveror ping anything but my domain server i also get it when logged
into any other machine but my domain server even machines on the same net will
recognize dns make an attempt then puke! i assume this a problem in my
config which is preventing the returning or "echoing" of the returns off of
commands that require two way communication i have tried everything that i
know and then some!! please HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!
                                    thanks big time in advance

2. World Wide Free Internet Access .

3. could not build IP header ??

4. Crash and won't boot up normally!

5. How build ip packet with my own ethernet header

6. How to kill telnet site info?!?!?!?!

7. IP Masq does ICMP but not TCP

8. shared data section in shared objects on AIX

9. Help! IP-Masquerade not working, but ICMP does?!?

10. Wanted to write a single packet w/ 2 IP headers & 1 TCP header.

11. Best way to point to the ip headers and tcp headers of an skbuff?

12. URGENT - Help forming ICMP header

13. URGENT - HELP Forming ICMP Header