Network cards that work with bonding ( bond interface ) for HA

Network cards that work with bonding ( bond interface ) for HA

Post by noon » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:45:17

Hi. Can anyone already implementing / implemented bonding with their
NICs for either HA or load balancing recommend what NICs work ?
Alternatively, which rack-mountable ( Dell, HP, IBM ) servers with dual
NICs work ?

I am looking at implemented at bonding in a HA environment, each NIC
connected to a separate switch.

Network cards that work with bonding ( bond interface ) for HA

Post by Michael Heimin » Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:34:05

Quote:> Hi. Can anyone already implementing / implemented bonding with their
> NICs for either HA or load balancing recommend what NICs work ?
> Alternatively, which rack-mountable ( Dell, HP, IBM ) servers with dual
> NICs work ?

Any of them should work, double-check that driver/NIC are
mii-status aware, makes thing easier. In general Intel eepro
cards work reliable/fast.

Quote:> I am looking at implemented at bonding in a HA environment, each NIC
> connected to a separate switch.

Configurable switches need special treatment to allow bonding,
or unexpected things will happen as soon as they'll mention the
same MAC on different ports. Check the kernel sources,
(/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt) contains all info you
need.

Good luck

#bofh excuse 414: tachyon emissions overloading the system