How to secure LAN visiting with NIS

Post by tech1 » Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:09:17

Hello everyone,

I've set up one LAN with NIS account verification, and limit visit to
switcher ports with MAC address binding, but I think it not so safe. If one
person use his laptop and make the same MAC address with working machine and
then connect into the LAN and set domain and NIS server, he'll get all the
visiting to the server and have the way to get data to his laptop, which is
awful. Is there any way to avoid it? I don't know how to make NIS more
secure, is there any way to set up verification server to check the legality
of machine itself? Thanks for your help!

Have a good day!

B.R.

Joffre

1. How to secure LAN visiting with NIS?

Hello everyone,

I've set up one LAN with NIS account verification, and limit visit to
switcher ports with MAC address binding, but I think it not so safe. If one
person use his laptop and make the same MAC address with working machine and
then connect into the LAN and set domain and NIS server, he'll get all the
visiting to the server and have the way to get data to his laptop, which is
awful. Is there any way to avoid it? I don't know how to make NIS more
secure, is there any way to set up verification server to check the legality
of machine itself? Thanks for your help!

Have a good day!

B.R.

Joffre

2. Real-Time Fundamentals Web-Based Training Course

3. Secure NFS under Solaris 2.5/2.5.1 without NIS/NIS+ ?

4. count number of files in a unix directory

5. NIS+ server/NIS client & secure rpc (keyserv) Problem

6. test --please ignoretes

7. Howto setup secure rpc without using nis/nis+

8. dns routing or forwarding help!

9. NIS/NIS+ secure passwords

10. Secure Secure Secure

11. IP-Forwarding PPP-LAN but not LAN-LAN

12. How to secure gateway without restricting surfing on LAN?

13. Howto secure NFS on an insecure LAN?