enabling port forwarding on a MASQUERADING firewall

enabling port forwarding on a MASQUERADING firewall

Post by HusK » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:40:42

Hello,

I've got this little problem ;) (ain it always the same hehe)
I'm using IPTABLES for a masquerading firewall on a linux machine with
kernel 2.4.x. I need to know a way to automaticaly forward all trafic
for port 1024 till 5000 to a external machine.
so far I tried to use this little script.

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p tcp --dport 1024:5000 -m state
\
--state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

$IPTABLES -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d eth0 --dport 80 \
-j DNAT --to 192.168.100.1:1024:5000

*it gives errors when trying to run, eth0 is the network adapter
connected to the internet and eth1 is the adapter connected to my
local hub.
can someone help me out on how to do this?
RESON: why I want to forward all this stuff to one local pc? cause I'm
told with this way I'm able to send files with mIRC(DCC standart uses
port 1024 to 5000)

regards, Thijs

enabling port forwarding on a MASQUERADING firewall

Post by HusK » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:59:39

just a extra post to get your attention ;)