ISP-like bandwidth/download limiting

Post by erik » Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:40:36

Hi,

I manage a network with several users. Each user has his/her own pc, and
uses that for internet access. Each PC has a fixed IP.

Is it possible to impose a download limit based on computer (IP address),
just like most ISPs do? For instance, if the user on PC 1 has used up his
download limit (e.g. 10GB/month), bandwidth for that user (PC) should be
limited to smallband (e.g. 64k). What (GNU) tools can I use to achieve this?

Tnx!
E.T.

1. Bandwidth Limiting / Download Quota's with Linux

ok, I'm running a Linux system as an internet gateway for the LAN.
I want to put bandwith limits [ie; 5k/sec] on certain LAN IP addresses and
set download quotas [ie; 50mb/day] on certain LAN IP's...

Result being for example:

192.168.0.5 can only download at a max of 5k/sec and has a limit of 50mb
downloads/day.

How can this be done???

--

   = Dave Fitches =

 ,--__|\    David Fitches
/           \   * ICQ : 2120090   * SATCO CID : 955589
\_,--\__/   * Mobile : +61-419-466-744

               Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
               Web: http://www.bigfoot.com/~sticks.au/

2. Anim modelling software for Unix? (Linux)

3. ISP Download limit - keeping on the good side

4. retain_quoted v0.003

5. Downloads taking the whole bandwidth

6. port bind error....

7. Mozilla themes download site bandwidth problem explained

8. awk and gawk

9. Unix Bandwidth Monitoring/IPAccount for ISP/Vhosts

10. Downloading saturates inet bandwidth

11. sharing bandwidth download+upload+NAT - [debian]

12. Downloads taking the whole bandwidth

13. How to measuring my bandwidth used on my ISP ?