internet phone for Linux and RTP

Post by Neil Zanell » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Do any of the internet phone programs for Linux

support RTP (Real Time Protocol) for having

real time conversations over the internet with

modem connections?

TIA,

Neil Zanella

Post by Arjan Waardenbu » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Hello,

>Do any of the internet phone programs for Linux

>support RTP (Real Time Protocol) for having

>real time conversations over the internet with

>modem connections?

>TIA,

>Neil Zanella

Do a search for speakfreely, if I remember correctly it has a
option to use RTP.

wkr
Arjan

Post by Achim Linde » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> Do any of the internet phone programs for Linux

> support RTP (Real Time Protocol) for having

> real time conversations over the internet with

> modem connections?

rat (robust audio tool) 3.0.30

www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/

Linux sourcecode for the mbone tools should be of 11/1998 or newer,
otherwise they won't work with Tcl/Tk >= 8.0.3.

Achim

1. rtp streaming video internet

Probably not the right thread, but I figure you guys are smart enough
to know.  I have used a realtime protocol API from lucent for
streaming video.  I have used it on windows with directshow and it
worked decently but I was wondering what approach should I use for
porting it to linux.  The rtp api code is written for linux also, but
I need some kind of GUI to work with it.  I guess I could just use
straight Xwindows but was wondering what type of gui api to use.
That is for the client for the server I wouldnt even know where to
begin to
get a captured video api, like directshow?

Also, how exactly does streaming video work, my code will update the
window when it has a complete frame and since each frame is about a MB
in size plus the size of the udp packet.  It makes for slow streaming
video, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 FPS at its best.  Are
there other approaches like I was thinking that maybe the server could
send three bytes, the pixel color and the x and y position of that
particular position.  Of course that would triple the size of the 1mb
image, but at least it doesnt have to have a start frame and end
frame.

Berlin Brown

2. find a file and output filename without dir spec and ext

3. Realtime "internet phone" like voice software for Linux PPP connection

4. Help! What could it be?

5. Internet Phone in Linux ?

6. print to a specific HP 4si printer tray

7. Internet phone for Linux?

8. Red Hat 5, Adaptec 2920, FDomain module (newbie)

9. Internet Phone or IVC for Linux?

10. Linux IP Masquerading and Internet Phone (is it possible?)

11. Any internet phone for Linux?

12. Internet phone for Linux?

13. Internet Phone for Linux _AND_ Windows 95