/dev/modem is locked ?

Post by pain » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I use mincom to try connect modem to isp but receive above message. what's
wrong ? pls advise. also when i try running minicom from shell command , it
says : minicom:warning: configuration file not found. use default. what does
that's mean ?

/dev/modem is locked ?

Post by Aschwin van der Woud » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Are you trying this as root or a normal user?

The warning only means you didn't provide the name of a configuration file, so
it uses it default configuration .

Aschwin

> I use mincom to try connect modem to isp but receive above message. what's
> wrong ? pls advise. also when i try running minicom from shell command , it
> says : minicom:warning: configuration file not found. use default. what does
> that's mean ?

/dev/modem is locked ?

Post by Bill Unr » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I use mincom to try connect modem to isp but receive above message. what's

rm /var/lock/LCL..modem

Quote:>wrong ? pls advise. also when i try running minicom from shell command , it
>says : minicom:warning: configuration file not found. use default. what does
>that's mean ?

You have not set up a configuration file.
minicom -s
as root.
(or if it works, ignore the warning.)

/dev/modem is locked ?

Post by <Patrick.LeB.. » Sat, 04 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am just installed Red Hat Linux and I also failed in connecting minicom to
the modem.
I have declared the modem under with modem tool and selected TTYS0 but
minicom dIdn't work I finded that the minicom was already busy. As linux is
a multithreads terminal backbones system that could explain why I can't
connect minicom.
    IActually I am trying to install the modem as a new T2erminal as it
proposed in Slackware Linux 3rd edition  isbn 0-672-31012 2., but I can
hardly deal with MKmod command.
If You have gone further could U please tell how. Otherwise maybe we could
try to work together.
Cu and Sncrly Yours.
patrick

Quote:>I use mincom to try connect modem to isp but receive above message. what's
>wrong ? pls advise. also when i try running minicom from shell command , it
>says : minicom:warning: configuration file not found. use default. what
does
>that's mean ?

1. Modem TX and RX status via Num Lock-Caps Lock-Scroll Lock

'Netters,

A time ago someone asked about implementing their Num Lock, Caps Lock,
and Scroll Lock keyboard lights as a modem transmit and receive status
indicator.

Has anyone accomplished this?  If so, is the code at an archive site?

-Rod
--
-----------
If you yell try : Rod Troch                  | Zeta Beta Tau

Pgp key available upon request.              | happyHappy joyJoy
         Don't mess with TEXAS. (Lonestar - A Linux box)

2. Samba slow, porr performance ?

3. dev/modem is locked ?

4. HELP : Mail forwarding

5. dev/modem locked. How to unlock?

6. ADSM and Omniback

7. Locked /dev/modem

8. IBM 6157-002 Tape Backup

9. /dev/modem is locked

10. help /dev/modem lock files

11. Device /dev/modem is locked.

12. releasing locks -lock on /dev/cua2

13. map meta scroll-Lock to xscreensaver-command -lock > /dev/null ?