talk across PPP link not working

Post by Anibal Jodorcovs » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

my question although many times posted has never been answered correctly
(in my case). I want to set up talk so that I can talk from my home
machine, once I am connected thru a PPP link.

What changes do I have to make to my /etc/hosts or what other files, so
that I can do this?

any pointers will be greatly appreciated,

--
   Anibal Jodorcovsky  *
    Montreal - Canada  *  Unix _IS_ user friendly...

talk across PPP link not working

Post by S. Joel Ka » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,
>my question although many times posted has never been answered correctly
>(in my case). I want to set up talk so that I can talk from my home
>machine, once I am connected thru a PPP link.
>What changes do I have to make to my /etc/hosts or what other files, so
>that I can do this?
>any pointers will be greatly appreciated,

        Once the routes are properly set up and each host can find the
other by name, all that remains is to make sure that inetd.conf contains
valid entries for talk and ntalk that point to in.ntalkd.

--

S. Joel Katz           Information on Objectivism, Linux, 8031s, and atheism