resolver didn′t work with domain names

Post by Ralf Schw » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Hi all

> My problem is  that ping goes with tcp/ip number but still didnt work
> with the domain name. resolv.conf is corekt set with the nameservers.
> So whats wrong??

> Any suggestions?
> Thanks Ralf
> --

I have fixed this problem themself....

It was not the normal libc, so the kernel want to check a file that was
not present in the /etc  . After installing this it works fine..

Thanks to all who have read my question..
/Ralf
--

resolver didn′t work with domain names

Post by Ralf Schw » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi all

My problem is  that ping goes with tcp/ip number but still didnt work
with the domain name. resolv.conf is corekt set with the nameservers.
So whats wrong??

Any suggestions?
Thanks Ralf
--

1. domain name servers and resolvers questions

Hi there, I want to find out more about the way domain name servers
maintain information about other domain name servers. I understand that
they maintain an internal caching table in addition to a database of
domain names. It is the database that I want to know more about. For
example, if a person sets up a new domain, then does that person need
to inform the administrator of a remote nameserver to have the new
domain included in the database, or will the remote nameserver dynamically
update its database when it is contacted by the local nameserver?

I can think of many other questions I want to ask, so would anyone who has
experience with nameservers please e-mail me or post some information about
how nameservers and resolvers work.

Thanks in advance.

2. Good Sound recorders for X or otherwise

3. how can a machine has both a real domain name and a bogus domain name?

4. Cannot create RAW SOCKET

5. NIS domain names and DNS domain names not matching.

6. PowerPC 604e 233 Mhz motherboard avail! 800,- USD

7. .htaccess, domain name access works with numbers, not names

8. Time synchronization

9. Can I configure multiple domain names to dhcpd.conf "option domain-name"?

10. Host name, primary name, domain name...?

11. LOCAL MEETING: How New Domain Name Registry Works (Los Angeles)

12. Why my domain name works only with a WWW prefix ?!?

13. Virtual Email isn't working for long domain name.