IP forwarding is only good for port forwarding of only one IP ?

IP forwarding is only good for port forwarding of only one IP ?

Post by Rene Chartran » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

I have two IP from my provider ( or two web address) and only one isdn line.
With linux and only one IP, I can masquerade all my local network to use
only that one IP.
Perfect up to now.

Then I want to forward the other IP to a NT server inside my local network.
(like 2 company on the same network).

ipfwadm 2.30 with linux 2.0.36 can not do that, because nobody know how to
do it (I read a lot of HowTo).
or may be it's not possible with ipfwadm. All people think that nobody want
that.

is-it true ?

Post by David Efflan » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

>I have two IP from my provider ( or two web address) and only one isdn line.
>With linux and only one IP, I can masquerade all my local network to use
>only that one IP.
>Perfect up to now.

>Then I want to forward the other IP to a NT server inside my local network.
>(like 2 company on the same network).

>ipfwadm 2.30 with linux 2.0.36 can not do that, because nobody know how to
>do it (I read a lot of HowTo).
>or may be it's not possible with ipfwadm. All people think that nobody want
>that.

I am no expert on this topic, but couldn't you set up an alias for the
second IP on your internet connection and forward all incoming requests
for that IP to the NT server LAN IP with ipchains?

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. Kernel 2.2.1:IPCHAINS:IPPORTFW:IP port forwarding: IP Masq: ipmasqadm

Thanks to a kind soul from this forum (gweeks) we've just saved $5000 on
new firewall software.

Remember to compile Kernel 2.2.1 with the experimental options under
"Code maturity level options" and the you will have access to the IP
port forwarding options under "Networking options".

Only then can your IP port forward work.  Maybe you all know this, and
I'm slow.  Hope this helps someone besides me.  (I can't wait for you to
pick this up on Dejanews.)

:-)

2. C programming tools and Linux

3. IP Masq... forward port 113 to internal IP??

4. Yggdrasil Summer Release--Is it worth it?

5. ip-forwarding && dns-forwarding

6. Where is the speed?

7. Q: Does IP forwarding forward ARP ?

8. ppp modem question???

9. Using "ipchains -P forward DENY" instead of disabling ip-forwarding?

10. IP forwarding doesn't forward!!

11. Port range forwarding to single port with IP masq

12. IP port forwarding & scope of ports

13. Port range forwarding to single port with IP masq